FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a backup solution

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Payne
Looking for a backup solution
on Aug 18, 2014 at 11:03:18 am

Hi all, I had a hard drive in a video editing raid array error today and the only way I could work out how to use the drives again (not being too hot with RAID) was to delete the array and format the drives. I have now lost a day or so worth of work so I need to find a better way of backing up.

I shoot wedding videos and when I get home from a wedding I make 3 backups of all of the raw data, 2x USB 3 HDD's and 1x NAS (thinking of replacing this as the transfer rate is painfully slow!)

I'm confident I have enough backups of the data but the problem comes when I start editing the footage. I (when I remember) copy the premiere pro project file to dropbox so that if my editing HDD goes down, I can copy the footage back from an external and copy the project file back from dropbox and it should all open ok again, however this dropbox backup is manual and relies on me remembering.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way of automatically (say, every hour or two) backing up certain files into a dropbox folder.

2) What would you guys recommend as a replacement to my slow NAS (despite having gigabit speeds going to it, it's just a third of the speed of USB 3).

I have now abandoned raid in my PC and left the 2 separate drives. I'm hoping this doesnt slow things down too much but without a dedicated raid controller it was never very simple so decided to forget about raid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]