FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to upload AVCHD wrapper AND contents to cloud storage?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Tenenbaum
How to upload AVCHD wrapper AND contents to cloud storage?
on Apr 26, 2014 at 3:32:46 am

I've started using the remarkable Sony NX30u camera (Rejoice! Liberation from Steadicams. Despair! Too small for manual control). I'm using the camera's internal 96gb of memory.

That means I have entered the dungeon of AVCHD. I shoot long days overseas and really want to simply (and economically) back up the entire AVCHD package to my portable hard drives AND online, bandwidth permitting. I don't care if it takes all night (and day) to back up 60-80gb, at least I know the data is safely offsite while I'm overshooting the next day's video.

Google Drive seems to make sense, but it will only upload the AVCHD wrapper without any of the internal files. It may be that an AVCHD package of 60gb is too large. Or Google may just hate Sony and Panasonic. Or it might be because the files are on an external drive and not on my Macbook Air's small SSD drive.

I can, of course, extract the individual MTS files, transcopde them, then upload them individually. But that's time consuming and means no dinner or less sleep. And Google apparently won't take huge individual files anyway.

Has anyone found a simple, economical one-step system to upload large (e.g. 60gb) AVCHD files to cloud storage? Or am I just dreaming?

Return to posts index

Richard Potter
Re: How to upload AVCHD wrapper AND contents to cloud storage?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:34:59 am

This is probably too little and too late to be of help, Henry. As of now, I don't have a better solution than DropBox, which charges $10 / month or $99 / year for 1TB of cloud storage.

I'm actually posting here because I, too, feel as if Google Drive should be an option for AVCHD files, since I've got about 14GB of free space. Does anyone knows how to upload wrapped AVCHD files to Drive?

thanks
Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]