FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Pro + BRU PE = love ?

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asaf Billet
CatDV Pro + BRU PE = love ?
on Jan 10, 2014 at 5:52:11 pm

I'm working in a small shop, and one of the new year's resolutions is to take care of Archiving.

Currently the setup is :
16TB raid, a couple of individual smaller RAIDs.

We're thinking of setting up a dedicated station with CatDV Pro, and BRU PE + Tape Drive
to handle the archiving.

Now, say I have a project on the RAID. I'm cataloging it on CatDV, creating proxies etc.
It notes the location of the media on the RAID.
Now, in 3 months, I want to remove the project from the RAID, and archive it on tape.

How do I go about that with CatDV ? Do I manually add the LTO Tape number to the CatDV Catalog ?

Return to posts index

Doug Hynes
Re: CatDV Pro + BRU PE = love ?
on Jan 10, 2014 at 6:48:56 pm

Hi Asaf -

(vendor plug here)

Your desired workflow with CatDV can easily be achieved using StorageDNA's DNA Evolution archiving solution. We have a direct plug-in that allows for "Send to (tape)" and "Restore from (tape) directly within CatDV's interface, providing a seamless integration and workflow.

Feel free to contact me for further details.

Best Regards,

Doug Hynes

dhynes@storagedna.com

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Jan 10, 2014 at 7:54:55 pm

To get the CatDV / BRU connection to be transparent requires one more piece of the puzzle - DAX Broadcast Archive. DAX provides an archival management menu for CatDV and allows you to manage everything from right within the CatDV console.

Give our team a call for details on getting things implemented as we can provide the entire solution in one package. You can see an example package outlined here:

ArGestĀ® LTO DAM Solution

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Tom Goldberg
on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:18:55 pm

I feel compelled to weigh in here as well and note that CatDV has a plugin for Cache-A that was the first archiving interface they did. Simply select your content, select "Archive Media Files" or "Restore Media Files from the Tools menu within CatDV. Works with any combination of stand-alone drives and Libraries. CatDV keeps track of what tape you archived files to so you can easily find your media later.

Tom Goldberg
Cache-A Corporation
433 Park Point Drive #285
Golden, CO 80401
mailto:tom.goldberg@cache-a.com
http://cache-a.com

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:42:03 pm

Sorry, Tom, but DAX Broadcast Archive and BRU Server were working natively with CatDV before the Cache-A plugin was available.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]