FORUMS: list search recent posts

BRUsetta Stone for tape set

COW Forums : Archiving and Back-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Jaeger
BRUsetta Stone for tape set
on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:18:24 pm

So I've been archiving RAW footage for a feature as it comes in from the DIT every day, appending "split archives" to a tape set in BRU PE. At the end of each archive session I'm prompted with the option to create a BRUsetta stone file with the catalog and copy of BRU for restore purposes. I have not done this for each archive session. Is it possible to create the BRUSetta stone file for the entire tape set once the project is finished?? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: BRUsetta Stone for tape set
on Nov 6, 2013 at 5:04:57 pm

On the Restore Panel
Select the tape
(the archives wil be displayed)
Press the Back button to go back to the tapes
(this is changed in the upcoming 3.1 release)
Right Click on the tape set entry
Select "Create BRUSetta Stone CD" from the menu
Add your additional files (invoice, read me, etc.) to the folder
Burn the disk

As an aside, once the folder is created, instead of burning a CD/DVD, you can also drag the folder onto a USB flash drive and create it that way if you don't have a DVD burner.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Martin Jaeger
on Nov 6, 2013 at 5:43:57 pm

Ha, simple as that! Figured there must be a way but couldn't find it in the menus. Thanks Tim.

Return to posts index

Martin Jaeger
on Nov 27, 2013 at 10:03:57 pm

So now I try to do this but am not having any luck. I open the restore page, right click on my tape set and select create BRUsetta stone CD. A prompt opens telling me that I will have to point to the BRU PE install DMG file and also select a destination folder, I click create CD. A window opens and prompts me to select the DMG file, which I locate and select. Another window opens which prompts me to select a destination folder, which I navigate to (on the desktop) and select. I am then returned to the restore page and nothing happens? No files are generated in the destination folder?? I must be doing something wrong??

Return to posts index

Martin Jaeger
on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:41:05 pm

Still no luck with creating the BRUSetta Stone folder. Have tried with other tape sets, different destination folder locations, different DMG file locations, as an administrator... Still nothing. After choosing the DMG file and selecting a destination folder, I am simply returned to the restore page... No BRUSetta Stone files are created. I've searched the knowledge base, documentation, with no results. I need to deliver this project soon so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:45:44 pm

Martin - have you contacted support on this? I suspect that there is just some step out of sequence in what you're doing. Give them a call at 480-505-1814 or pen a support ticket at support.bru.com. The guys are very quick to respond.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Martin Jaeger
on Dec 3, 2013 at 6:04:58 pm

I had a call in to support and was awaiting a call back. Tried them again and they resolved the issue with an updated version of the software. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]