FORUMS: list search recent posts

spline motion blur on 1st frame

COW Forums : Commotion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
iishohin
spline motion blur on 1st frame
on Apr 19, 2005 at 10:46:15 am

hi.

recently i had to roto a sequence whose 1st frame had some motion blur on it. when i switch the rotospline motion blur on, quite understandably the blur starts on frame 2. ideally i would have liked it to start from the 1st frame.

So is there any workaround that will for example let me position the spline on a 0th frame so that the 1st frame can have blur applied?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

J Bills
Re: spline motion blur on 1st frame
on Apr 19, 2005 at 11:56:50 am

sure - reexport your clip with a blank frame 0. Motion blur needs that frame before/frame after to work properly, so just feed it another frame.

Or, you can export the matte and hand paint the blur using the paint tools (either cloning from frame 2 or just blurring by hand).

Return to posts index

iishohin
on Apr 19, 2005 at 5:07:02 pm

thanks for the suggestion.

i knew i could re-export the clip with the extra frame, but i thought that for such a basic but important thing as applying blur on the first frame could be done in a less hard-disk-hungry and simpler fashion. Painting, in the case i am working on would be impractical.

Does the SilverMan have any thoughts on the matter?

Return to posts index

Matt Silverman
on Apr 21, 2005 at 4:49:12 am

[J Bills] "sure - reexport your clip with a blank frame 0. Motion blur needs that frame before/frame after to work properly, so just feed it another frame.

Or, you can export the matte and hand paint the blur using the paint tools (either cloning from frame 2 or just blurring by hand)."

;-)

Return to posts index

J Bills
on Apr 21, 2005 at 11:49:14 am

ha!

you might also try adding a keyframed directional blur on the matte render, that is only present on frame one and then keyframed to "off" on frame 2. That might be a good cheat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]