FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio out of sync in 5dm2 interview

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Goodman
audio out of sync in 5dm2 interview
on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:26:26 pm

We shot a brief, 20 minute interview,4 clips total. Downloaded the cf card to primary RAID and BU. Double clicked one of the .mov files and the audio was out of sync. tried several others and found the same out of sync issue. Tried opening/playing a file directly on the cf card, same problem. Then put the card back in the camera and played it in camera and there were no sync problems. So somewhere in the download process(I guess) something goes wrong! What's going on and how can I correct this? HELP!

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: audio out of sync in 5dm2 interview
on Dec 29, 2011 at 9:22:28 am

In 3-4 years using the Canon5D Mark II, H.264mov files (1920 x 1080p) in Premiere Pro this has never happened unless you accidentally move the audio from the video.You must have the speed and input settings correct. You can,(unlink) as you know separate the audio from the video, just move the audio in sync with the start of the clip .It should have nothing to do with the computer's Raid or hyper-threading set up.

Good luck

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Lou Goodman
on Dec 29, 2011 at 1:31:44 pm

Checking out the captured footage in the camera, which played and synced just fine, told me something was screwy in either the download or somewhere other than the original material. I rebooted my entire system and voila!!! no problem! Thanks for the response, where would we be without the reboot.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Dec 29, 2011 at 10:09:12 pm

You are dead right. Pity we cannot do that to humans ? Success.....

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Lou Goodman
on Dec 30, 2011 at 3:35:03 pm

Amen! Wouldn't it be great to simply reboot once we get too overloaded and start to trip over ourselves.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]