I have been working on a project using FCP with 5D footage and have encountered a serious issue related to daylight savings time.
The workflow is to ingest through FCP L&T at PR422(proxy), edit, media manage, then re-ingest at PR(HQ) and output.
We found that media ingested before the time-change showed up with timecode that was off by one hour when viewed in the L&T browser before re-ingest. Most clips could not be batch ingested because the new timecode was outside the range of the original. If they did ingest, the edit points were off.
We changed the date of the MacPro to before the timechange and the timecode shows up correctly and batches right in.
Still weighing the impact this will have on the project as media continues to flow in and ingest will straddle the DST date...