FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon T3i-Video Shooting question.

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Vallin
Canon T3i-Video Shooting question.
on Sep 15, 2011 at 11:43:33 pm

I have my setting set on 720 p 60fps and for some reason my video comes out grainy/and little bars when i play on my computer.from other videos that ive seen the camera is nothing like it!I have the settings on Auto.I think it might be my memory card (8GB SD PNY class 10 @20 mb/s).sometimes when i record the memory card can't handle the video and the camera stops recording on its own.so im trying to get a SD extreme @30mb/s.Would this be my problem? the memory card cant handle the camera quality?I have the camera on the right focus and everything!I dont think a 900$ camera should have grainy video o_O

Return to posts index

Alex Vallin
Re: Canon T3i-Video Shooting question.
on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:34:35 am

Here is a link to my test video and how crappy it comes out.non edited

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: Canon T3i-Video Shooting question.
on Sep 16, 2011 at 7:34:42 am

Well, grain doesn't have anything to do with the speed of your memory card.

Grain comes from too high or "wrong" ISO settings. On all Canon DSLRs (or at least all Canon DSLRs, I worked with), ISOs with multiples of 160 (160, 320, 480, 640, ...) produces the least noise.

Also try to avoid the 720p mode whenever possible. Moiré and aliasing are much higher than in 1080p mode.

And never shoot auto. You never know what your camera does in auto-mode.

You should be fine with class 10 cards, but sometimes - if you don't use quality cards - they are not fast enough. I had class 4 cards that could handle recording and I had class 10 cards that stopped under certain circumstances... Class 6 cards are recommended by Canon, so maybe try a different card. SanDisk have a good reputation.

A last thing: Since I don't see any weird things happening in the example you posted, I guess that maybe you don't work on a calibrated monitor.
I had the stangest issues with noise and artifacts on a new flatscreen at home until I recognised, it wasn't set up properly. Sometimes you "see" the compression when the monitor shows things that aren't meant to be seen ;)

hth

------------------------------------------
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot." - Buster Keaton

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]