FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon D7 720 50fps Sound Recording Off Issue

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jur Booy
Canon D7 720 50fps Sound Recording Off Issue
on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:02:19 am

I recorded some footage in the 720 50fps mode to create a slow motion effect. I've done this all before and it worked fine. But for this job I didn't need any sound, so I set Sound Recording to Off.

After loading the footage into my Mac the playback speed it twice as fast. The files information gives 720 50fps strange enough, the same as usual. This means when I slow it down, like I always do, I end up with 'normal' speed 25fps. Transcoded in MPEG Streamclip and then Cinema Tools to make the 50fps file into a 25 fps file.

If I check the playback in slowmotion through my D7 lcd screen it looks great, and you see the slowmotion is as smooth as I would want it. Unlike the slowmotion playback of the 1080 material which really shows you the individual frames (what you see is the +/- 12 fps) in slowmotion blayback. This makes me think that the information is there, but that I need a codec or a different way of transcoding the files?

I tested it with the Sound Recording On and it works fine as it always does, so it shouldn't be the camera. I just hope all the information is in the file, because i really want the slow motion effect.

Has anyone come across this problem, and what would you suggest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]