FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lenses Question. New Cannon or Old Nikkor?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Maloney
Lenses Question. New Cannon or Old Nikkor?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:38:38 am

So Tomorrow I will be picking up my first camera, a 60d. I have friends who have already built up their collections of lenses for shooting video and have a bit more money than I do. I was going to get a new Canon 50mm 1.4 (originally I was going to get a 1.8 but my friend said its harder to pull focus on a 1.8). On Dslr video shooter and tons of other sites they say that old manual lenses are just as good though. I know that I need a manual focus and I can get adapters for nikkor lenses but which would be better. An old slr 50mm 1.4 nikkor lens or the cannon 50mm 1.4 with AF and IS. They price difference is huge though. I can get the nikkor for 70 bucks and the cannon is 400 new/320 refurbished.

I just want to know if the old glass is extremely different than the new? Price is a big factor cause I only have 400 dollars in my budget for my first lens. I could get the nikkor and some other wide lenses or I could just get the cannon.
Which should I get?

I apoligize for the long post, just theres are a lot of factors in purchasing my first lens

Thankyou!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]