FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS 600D Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Currey
Canon EOS 600D Log and Transfer
on Jun 16, 2011 at 4:28:22 pm

Hi,
We have some footage shot on the Canon EOS 600D, and we can't seem to bring those in through L&T in Final Cut. We have done this with footage from the 5D II with no problem.
We could transcode this footage through Mpeg Streamclip, but inevitably without all the benefits that L&T gives. Does anyone know how it's done or if it's even possible? It is not clear from the Canon website if there is a utility to download like for the 5D and my net searches on the subject have found zilch.
Cheers,
Nick

Final Cut Studio 3
MAC OS X 10.6.7
MacPro4,1
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Return to posts index

Michal Trzaska
Re: Canon EOS 600D Log and Transfer
on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:29:23 am

mhhhh it should work the same as the 5D footage.

The only suggestion I would have is to make a Disk Image of the card onto your harddrive using Disc Utility. Eject the Card and mount the image then open final cut and try the L&T.

Let me know if that works I would be curious to know what the problem was.

Best of luck,
Michal

Michal Trzaska
Editor, Colorist, Director of Photography, VFX Artist and Motion Graphics Artist
MeHow Design
TV Commercials for your Google TV ads. Web Videos that get results

2011 Demo

Return to posts index

Nick Currey
on Jun 18, 2011 at 1:37:55 pm

Hi,
I wish I could, but unfortunately I have only been given the files on a drive. I'm told that the original file and folder structure has been maintained, but I don't know what that is so can't check. I've done the Log and Transfer with 5D files in the same way and it worked fine. I've noticed however that all the .MOV files from the 5D have a .THM file associated with them, whatever that is. The 600D files don't have this. Might this be the problem and if so has anyone got a solution?
Cheers,
Nick

Final Cut Studio 3
MAC OS X 10.6.7
MacPro4,1
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Return to posts index

Ernst Wikstrøm
on Sep 8, 2011 at 11:00:20 am

Had the same problem. This sounds stupid, but all you need to do is copy any real THM-file from a 7D and rename it. You need one for each clip (with identical file name). This worked for me!

FilmImpro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]