FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple 7D question

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carrie Clark
simple 7D question
on Jan 20, 2011 at 11:53:22 pm

Hello -

I am shooting a short promo video using the 7D. I have used the HVX and took it for granted that the transferring process must be similar. However, after much research online I am finding a lot of people using the plug in for FCP, which mean I will need FCP on my laptop that i am using. With the HVX I would download the files on to an external drive and transcode the files into FCP later. I was wondering if this was also the case with 7D footage. I am asking because I currently do not have FCP on my laptop.

Thanks for you help!
-carrie-

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
Re: simple 7D question
on Jan 21, 2011 at 3:39:30 am

Hi Carrie; indeed, the 7D records it's h264 (.MOV) files to CF cards, so you would just need a card reader to load it to whatever you need to store it on. The "plug-in" from Canon is for the log and transfer of that original media into FCP, typically when one would transcode. I'm assuming you have Apple hardware,FCP7, and OSX; not sure if the Canon plug-in works with older software. Just make sure to copy everything on the card to a folder to maintain file structure, or FCP will reject it even with the plug-in (Shane Ross has a great overview tutorial http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1 ). Hope this helps...ML

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
Re: simple 7D question
on Jan 28, 2011 at 5:40:16 am

The Canon Plugin works for both FCP 6 and 7, you just wont have all the ProRes options in FCP6 (only 422 and 422HQ)

here is the link

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3249

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]