FORUMS: list search recent posts

some noise issues (pic)

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruno silva
some noise issues (pic)
on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:34:22 am

I am having trouble shooting without getting some noise, often a lot. I just recently bought the camera and haven't really feel like I'm haven't gotten the best of it. This is with the Canon 38-135mm zoom lens

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: some noise issues (pic)
on Jan 21, 2011 at 1:28:26 pm

[bruno silva] "I am having trouble shooting without getting some noise, often a lot. I just recently bought the camera and haven't really feel like I'm haven't gotten the best of it. This is with the Canon 38-135mm zoom lens"

Which camera? What settings (aperture, ISO, ...)?

Return to posts index

bruno silva
on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:51:01 pm

Hi, thanks for reply. I have a Canon 7D with a 28-135mm lens. When I shoot indoor soccer games, i usually gets lots of noise. I shoot at 60fps so the shutter speed is 1/50 usually. My fstop is set to 3.5, or the lowest it goes in video mode and the ISO I try to keep below 2500.

I've yet to shoot on a nice sunny day so maybe its just my lighting conditions. My apartment, pictured above also has low lighting at night. But I have seen amazing work shot at night. Maybe its my lens?

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:30:18 am

Yes, when shooting low-light get a faster lens. We did a shoot lately at night with only one street lantern with the 7D and a 1.4 lens. Beautiful picture with almost no noise. Think it was ISO 1600 - not completely sure.

Although the 7D creates less noise than say the T2i (which I have), ISO 2500 is quite high.

To my experience use ISO 1600 max. with the 7D and do noise reduction in post with "Neat Video" or "Magic Bullets Denoiser".

Return to posts index

bruno silva
on Jan 27, 2011 at 9:02:38 pm

Thanks, I will look into lenses and see what I can afford. Also, I do have Magic Bullet's Denoiser but the render times on that are insane lol. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
on Jan 27, 2011 at 9:36:20 pm

Very affordable lens: The 50mm 1.8. But extremly plastic-like and hard to focus. AF is very slow and manual focussing is not easy because of the small ring... Yeah... Magic Bullet is slow (just at this very moment I'm waiting for an HDV clip to finish... ) but worth the effort and time ;-)

All the best!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]