FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rebel T2I

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Schwab
Rebel T2I
on May 1, 2011 at 10:21:22 pm

I'm noticing that some of my images that I shot with my Canon Rebel seem to be a little 'soft.' I say that with quotes because it's not soft focus, nor is it handshake. Here's my sample image:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab241/neverknowu/Screenshot2011-05-01at6...

It just doesn't look tack sharp. The best way to describe it is the colors looked smattered. I'm looking at this zoomed in 100% in photoshop and digital camera pro.

The specs are this: Canon Rebel T2i, this image was shot at 1/60, from a pretty far distance, with a Sigma Lens for Canon 2.8-4.0 17mm to 70mm. Another image that I have is:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab241/neverknowu/Screenshot2011-05-01at6...

1/200 at f13.

So I thought that maybe this Sigma lens isn't cut out for the job. However I tried my canon 24-70 2.8 EF lens but that does the same. I'd like to point out though that it seems to happen more often when it's a wide angle shot. It happens a lot less when I zoom in.

So, is the Canon Rebel just not that great of a camera? Do I possibly have sensor issues? Should I only be using Canon EFS lenses with the Rebel t2i? Is my hand shaking more than I think it is? (the latter I don't think so).

By the way, video seems to be just fine with both lenses.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hughes
Re: Rebel T2I
on May 1, 2011 at 11:22:37 pm

So you definitely don't have an enormous smudge on your lens?

Perhaps inner lens condensation is prevailing. This happened to me when I first got my T2i/550d - it was freezing weather and when it came the camera was just as cold and the glass was all condensation.

You don't store your camera in the freezer, at all, do you?

Other than that, I don't have a clue!

Daniel Hughes
Amateur Writer, Director,
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index

Matt Schwab
on May 2, 2011 at 1:30:51 am

Nope, nice, warm, sunny day. No freezer involved.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hughes
on May 2, 2011 at 5:34:22 pm

Could it be your settings?
Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation etc?

This would make sense if everything's fine in video mode but not in photo mode.

Daniel Hughes
Amateur Writer, Director,
Director of Photography
United Kingdom

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on May 3, 2011 at 6:55:24 pm

Your second photo has some chromatic aberration which is why there is a slight purple haze on edges. This typically is found in lower end lenses.

Both images however are not fully in focus. What focus mode is your camera set on?

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]