FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D exposure blips

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Jackson
7D exposure blips
on Jan 16, 2011 at 10:48:04 pm

I have a new 7d and was doing some preliminary tests before a job and have noticed that when shooting video(1080 25p) I am getting random exposure fluctuations in the form of a small glitch.Everything on the camera is set to manual including iso expansion ,Highlight tone priority etc.Nikon lens with no info going to camera.Manual stops.I cannot work it out.I thought it may be something to do with shooting the contrasty scenes but then noticed it in low con situations as well. Firmware is 1:2:2.Has any one else had this problem.I have been shooting with a 5d 2 for some time and have never seen anything like this.Just wondering if anyone has a simple fix or if it should go back to Canon.This camera is primarily a second unit for a 5d in a video production company and has done two jobs as a locked off second angle for interviews and had no issues as far as I know.Move the camera outside and pan around and the fault appears randomly.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Olivia Kuan
Re: 7D exposure blips
on Jul 12, 2011 at 4:38:35 am

Hi Mike,

Did you ever figure out what this was? I think my 7D is doing what you described. Sort of shifting exposures during a locked off shot. Happens especially in higher contrast light setups. Is it fried?

Olivia

Return to posts index

Mike Jackson
Re: 7D exposure blips
on Jul 12, 2011 at 10:30:08 pm

Olivia it seemed to be an issue with the fotodiox adapter I was using to mount my nikkor lens. While there is nothing wrong with the adapter ,infact it's great ,but the info contacts on the adapter seemed to be affecting the camera's exposure even in full manual modes.I simply covered the contacts on the adapter with some fine cellotape and problem was solved. I have gone to adapters with no info contacts and have not had any issues since. Hope this is helpful
Mj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]