FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D MkII video automatically stops recording

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Hugh Murray
Canon 7D MkII video automatically stops recording
on Jun 11, 2018 at 8:55:46 pm

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on this. How long a time span can the 7D MkII record video for? My 7D stops recording "automatically" at about 29 minutes, because the buffer fills up I reckon. I just bought a Lexar 1066x 64 GB CF card, after researching that they were fast, cheap etc. thinking that would improve the time. But after receiving the card today and testing it, no luck. Seems to stop recording at around 30 mins. Is this par for the course with the 7D?

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon 7D MkII video automatically stops recording
on Jun 12, 2018 at 4:54:33 am

Sorry to say, yes. That's the limitations with that camera. DSLRs that are produced for world sale run into the rule in the EU, where they are classified as still cameras. They are not allowed by law to record over 30 minutes. If you had a camcorder they are not classified the same. It's a reason that, if you are recording professional concerts and other events that run beyond 30 minutes you likely will find it worth while picking up a camera that has the ability to have two SD slots to run continuously or buy a camcorder. I'm not sure you can get clean HDMI out of that 7D. IF true, then you could buy an external recorder to send the HDMI output to. Good luck. I had a 7D once, sold it for a 5D and external recorder.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]