FORUMS: list search recent posts

LCD / Sensor? lines problem!!!

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aymeric De Meautis
LCD / Sensor? lines problem!!!
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:42:26 pm

Hey guys, ran into a really random problem I cant find any info anywhere about!

So here's the go, was filming an event with another videographer, 2 x 5D Mark II + 1 x 7D.
After about 4 hours of filming, the first 5D starts showing these weird lines on the lcd. So I go to the playback option, start going through the shots I've taken and notice that some dont have it and some do.
When I go into live view the lines are there. So before I started freaking, I took the card out and put it in the other 5D, and the lines were still on the footage.

About 20minutes later, the other 5D got the same problem. Turned them off, let them cool down for over 2-3 hours, did sensor cleaning, different cards and batteries and lenses and they're both showin those lines on the screen and recording them as well, looks like their not coming off.... Thing is, we've both recorded for full days and never had this problem before, unsure if its over heating... the 7D went all out, from 1pm till 10pm, no over heating, no problems...

Here's a picture of what it is...

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110413at113.png/

now imagine that on everything you film with...

thanks guys :)

Return to posts index

Aymeric De Meautis
Re: LCD / Sensor? lines problem!!!
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:10:18 pm

ahhh crap, seems like I found the problem....
http://blog.planet5d.com/2010/07/lasers-can-damage-your-canon-hdslr-cameras...

seems that lazers burn the sensor, except I've filmed over 40 events where there were heaps of lazers and never had a problem...oh well...

Return to posts index

Daniel Hughes
Re: LCD / Sensor? lines problem!!!
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:11:45 pm

Unlucky man :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]