FORUMS: list search recent posts

Formatted SD card and lost all footage...is there any hope of recovery?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Herbst
Formatted SD card and lost all footage...is there any hope of recovery?
on Mar 24, 2017 at 2:57:16 am

So today while switching out memory cards in my Canon 70D, I formatted a card which deleted all of my footage from that day. Devastated, I immediately looked into if there were any ways of recovering files after formatting a card when IO got home, and found EaseUS Data Recovery software.

After running a deep search it said it found the 22 clips that I thought I had deleted, so I chucked up the $89 for the full version of the software so I could recover the clips. I ran the recovery and was able to download all the .MOV files, but when I try to open them all I get is a black screen with fuzz audio.

The audio doesn't matter to me so much because I recorded that on a separate memory card. But I want this footage back! Is there any hope or are the files damaged a this point?

This is what the recovered clips look like:
11175_canoneos70d021.mov.zip

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Formatted SD card and lost all footage...is there any hope of recovery?
on Mar 24, 2017 at 3:03:34 pm

I've never had any luck when this has happened. Your only hope is to purchase a couple of different programs and try it, but frankly, I don't think you'll be successful. The best tool I've seen for this Disk Warrior. Losing disk data is the reason I bought cameras with dual SD slots, at greater expense. Very sorry this happened to you.

Al

Return to posts index

Ryan Khan
on Mar 28, 2017 at 5:41:54 pm

Have a look at Drill Disk, its pretty easy to use. I always have trouble with deleting thingsI ACTUALLY need. This one really helped me a couple of times. I think it workswith almost everything, like hard/flash drives, memory cards, usually a quickscan is enough for my needs. Has anyone tried it?

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
on Mar 29, 2017 at 6:10:47 pm

Also check out RecoveRx. Everything is worth a try.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]