FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which lenses to keep/get

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Topper
Which lenses to keep/get
on Apr 10, 2011 at 12:20:26 am

I have a shoot coming up, and I am going to be using a canon 5d for the shoot. However, I also have a t2i that I want to use as a second camera to catch pickups/other angles. So my first question right of the bat is: Will the image will be compatible enough, after some post production fiddling? Or will the t2i footage be glaringly different.

Okay, second, I will have canon 85 1.8 and 50 1.4 lenses, but I'm looking for a good wide angle lense. (From the previous lenses you can see I am on a bit of a budget, so please don't waste my time telling me I should get some $2000 Zeiss lens.)

Most of the shoot is indoors, and thing will be shot relatively close, so there isn't much need for a super wide lens to capture landscapes or anything. But beyond what I am doing here I want to get something that I can proudly keep for future productions (so no, I don't want to rent)

Would buying the 35 f/2 and the 28 f/1.8 be a little redundant?
Would it be better skip them and get the 35 1.4 instead?

I have the sigma 30 f/1.4 for my t2i but it won't work for a full frame. Ought I sell that and just use the wide angle I get for my "standard lens" on my t2i?

Will I reasonably need anything wider than 28-35 for an indoor shoot as well?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Which lenses to keep/get
on Apr 10, 2011 at 10:35:59 pm

You seem to think that the only way to get a lens to use I to buy. Why not rent lenses? I only recommend buying a lens if you are going to be using that lens quite a bit over an extended period of time.

Check out borrowlenses.com

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Steve Topper
Re: Which lenses to keep/get
on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:27:06 pm

hmm, excellent idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]