FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Broadcast Using 70D

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lester Neil
Live Broadcast Using 70D
on Mar 4, 2017 at 8:43:06 pm

With the popularity of web broadcast such as Facebook live and YouTube live, one of my client asked my team to cover an indoor cricket match. Since this is the first time we are going live using an external camera (70D), we made some reading about this and found out OBS and WIrecast. For today, we used wirecast as it has ton of options to use. We went live on YouTube and the flow was smooth, one of my team mate is operating the software for the scores and other graphics. After an hour the signal from the camera froze and it was crawling. Frame rate started dropping until the visual is no longer moving. We did several restarts of the camera and even restarted the laptop (Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2012).

Could it be the following issues?:
• Camera overheating - I felt the body started to get hot. But when I shoot videos for half day, it did not encounter any problems.
• Laptop carried heavy loads of processing
• Chain of softwares to broadcast the feed (cameralive - camtwist - wirecast)

We will be buying the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder (HDMI /SDI to Thunderbolt) - this might solve the lagging footage

Your thoughts? Thank you

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: Live Broadcast Using 70D
on Mar 5, 2017 at 7:44:02 pm

When you shoot half a day, normally, I bet you are starting and stopping the camera continuously. In this instance, you are running it the entire match. Perhaps it is overheating. I'd have to experiment.

In the original days of the Red One, camera crews would bring bags of frozen peas, from the freezer section and keep them on ice, putting one in a zip lock back and keeping on the camera while shooting so the Red One wouldn't overheat. Then swap out the peas for a colder bag throughout the day. Maybe worth a try.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Lester Neil
Re: Live Broadcast Using 70D
on Mar 5, 2017 at 7:50:12 pm

Thank you for the tip.
I bought the BM mini recorder and used an FS100, used the 70D for other BRoll shots.
It went perfectly well.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]