FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD Card workflow - EOS Rebel T3i (and also VIXIA HFG30)

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Bacon
SD Card workflow - EOS Rebel T3i (and also VIXIA HFG30)
on Jan 30, 2017 at 9:10:05 pm

Hello,

This is a general workflow question (also) but I'm posting it here because it involves Canon cameras.

Our production group is recording video to SD Cards using a VIXIA HFG30 and a EOS Rebel T3i. We want to back-up our footage using external hard drives and re-use our SD Cards. On our very first shoot we lost some footage shot on the Rebel. I believe it is because we took a Sandisk card which had been used in VIXIA, formatted the card in the Rebel (I did not select "low level format") and we continued to shoot with the Rebel.

On the day, we checked playback on the Rebel and saw the recordings we expected. In the edit suite, the memory card mentioned above appeared to be damaged. Our editing PC running Windows 10 can see the file structure and the files on the SD Card, but we cannot playback the .mov files and they will not transfer to the PC (either via import from NLE nor using Windows file transfer). After we tried reading the damaged SD Card on the PC, the card no longer reads on the Rebel. We have had no issues with other SD Cards used on the same day.

It would be amazing if we can recover the damaged files, but this post is looking for advice on how to standardize our workflow to limit (or maybe even avoid) losing footage.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and advice,

Matt

FCP 7.0, MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.8, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: SD Card workflow - EOS Rebel T3i (and also VIXIA HFG30)
on Jan 31, 2017 at 5:30:39 pm

Have you tried any recovery tools on the SD card?

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]