FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alone in Bali! Markiii "recording automatically stopped"!

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ravich
Alone in Bali! Markiii "recording automatically stopped"!
on Jul 30, 2016 at 4:27:14 pm

See below email from my co-worker. He's got a big shoot in Bali tomorrow (given time difference proly today) and needs to get 5Diii recording properly.

One important thing - I was the last to futz with the camera. Left in "manual sensor cleaning" mode bec/ needed to clean up a dead pixel. I never changed back to automatic sensor cleaning. Could that be causing the issue?

Let us know soon! Thanks, Nick & Wes

From Wes:
Tried filming some today for first time since arrival and having an unusual problem with camera and wondering if you've encountered. Every 2nd or 3rd shot the camera craps out after 4-7 seconds and gives me a message that "the recording has stopped automatically". I reformatted all the cards several times, thinking maybe it was a read/write issue, and it hasn't been overly hot so I don't think it's the camera overheating. Any thoughts? Never encountered this problem before.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Alone in Bali! Markiii "recording automatically stopped"!
on Jul 31, 2016 at 4:32:44 pm

Has he tried, under the wrench menu, to "clear all camera settings?"

Not sure what "overly hot" means, or whether it's 'overly humid". The camera should not quit due to heat in 2 or 3 seconds, unless perhaps it was left out in the sun directly for an extended amount of time.

Al

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: Alone in Bali! Markiii "recording automatically stopped"!
on Jul 31, 2016 at 5:11:06 pm

Al Bergstein is on to something.

Try resetting the camera to factory defaults. Heat is an issue if you have the camera sitting on the sun on a tripod. If you're outside and that is the case shade the camera. Take a can of canned air and gently blow the contacts on the card and the CF bay on the camera. Make sure there is no dust or dirt.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]