FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Dropped My Lens and this fell out of it. Is it part of the lens or the camera body?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Geraghty
I Dropped My Lens and this fell out of it. Is it part of the lens or the camera body?
on Mar 23, 2015 at 7:51:00 pm

Hello COW users,

I have a Canon t3i with a kit lens. The camera fell off the tripod and onto the lens, and now I think the lens is broken. When I took the lens off to inspect, this fell out:

Then I started thinking maybe part of the camera body is broken. Does anyone recognize this part?

The lens is definitely screwed, and now I'm afraid the camera body is too. Here's what the picture looks like with the screwed up lens. It's got a weird dreamlike blur in the corners, where I've circled it:

Let me know if you have any thoughts, please! Thank you.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: I Dropped My Lens and this fell out of it. Is it part of the lens or the camera body?
on Mar 23, 2015 at 10:00:06 pm
Last Edited By Bob Dix on Mar 23, 2015 at 10:01:04 pm

i have been with Canon Professional for years and I dropped a Canon EF L lens in an ICE train in Germany,my recommendation is if it is still under warranty get both back to Canon Service as advised my Chief Technician in Sydney, the camera was ok, but the lens worked with problems.

The images were still stunning.

They replaced the lens at cost , price, a very nice gesture.

Good luck.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: I Dropped My Lens and this fell out of it. Is it part of the lens or the camera body?
on Mar 24, 2015 at 12:08:49 am

This looks, to me, like part of the assembly that holds the mirror in place. Look at the mirror--is the black plastic holding it in broken? If so, then you definitely want to get the camera body sent in to the service center.

If you have a friend with an EF lens, stick it on the body and see if you have the same problem. If not, then it's probably the lens!

If it IS only the lens that is the problem, it'll probably cost you more to have the lens repaired than to just buy a new kit lens, at least if it's the 18-55. Those things can be had for something like $100--less on Craigslist.

Return to posts index

Andrew Williams
on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:41:00 am

Hi I recently heard the same noise in my camera, took off the lens and found the same identical broken part as yours. Do you have any idea where it came from and did it affect the camera or lens performance, or did you had to repair one or both?

Thanks
Andrew Williams
Norway

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]