FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5D MK II problem

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Brown
Canon 5D MK II problem
on Mar 23, 2015 at 11:50:54 am

Hi,

I was in the process of editing some footage and noticed a frame of what I had recorded on my MK II had this line across the bottom third of the screen:

I've had the camera since about 2010 so I know I'm in need of an upgrade soon, but I really need the camera for some shoots soon and am really hoping it won't be a problem.

Anybody know what it is?

Thanks!

Tom

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Canon 5D MK II problem
on Mar 23, 2015 at 10:03:27 pm

Looks like some kind of encoding glitch--it's not dead pixels. Have you looked at the footage on multiple machines? Restarted? This would rule out a video card glitch on your edit machine.

In any event, it doesn't matter what it is--if you can rule out the possibility that your edit machine is introducing it, then you need to call a rental house for your upcoming shoots, and get this camera sent off to the shop!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Canon 5D MK II problem
on Mar 26, 2015 at 6:55:10 pm

This looks like digital noise. As Blaise stated above, rule out that it's your system doing it (sometimes can happen with the GPU).

I'd run some tests with your camera and see if you can reproduce the problem. I've had this happen before to footage and usually it's just a hiccup that happens. But you should run some tests with your camera to verify that it is or is not repeatable. If it is repeatable then you should send it in to Canon for some repair work.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]