FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eliminate Flicker with Canon 5D Mark II while filming outdoors?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Gadberry
Eliminate Flicker with Canon 5D Mark II while filming outdoors?
on Mar 15, 2015 at 10:05:57 pm

Hey folks,

So I was testing out a new setup on my Glidecam HD 2000. I have a client who wants me to use their 5D Mark II for glidecam footage outdoors at a skiing event. It is in Colorado, so it is guaranteed to be a sunny day!

I've previously used a 5D Mark II with a Glidecam indoors, and set the ISO to automatic to handle exposure (keeping my shutter at 1/50th, and Aperture at 5.6).

However, knowing I was shooting outdoors, and that I'd need additional sun stopping power, I set out to do a test and put the camera into AV mode, so that the shutter and ISO would adjust to get an even exposure.

On a few of my clips, I noticed this weird black flicker that seemed to occur––not all the time, but often enough to make me concerned.

Does anyone know the cause of this flicker how best to eliminate it? I thought perhaps the shutter speeds were too high, and that was the issue. Or is it setting the shutter to auto? Should I shoot manually, and use an ND to knock down the incoming sun? I'm going to be moving a lot while using the Glidecam, so I don't want to be fretting about my exposure!

Thanks!

-Benjamin Gadberry Productions

http://bengadberryproductions.tumblr.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]