FORUMS: list search recent posts

High noise and bad quality on my Canon 700D.

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin shelton
High noise and bad quality on my Canon 700D.
on Jan 25, 2015 at 11:48:18 am

Hello, i'm new and i have a few questions about my Canon 700D (non t5i rebel)

Ok first off i made sure to set my iso at the lowest it could go with out being underexposed.
Then i set my aperture to the widest it could go.
Then i set my shutter to the correct speed for my fps settings (1080p 24p)

After all that i set my color profile to user def 1 and edit to be the flattest possible
Now i press record and it seems my video is just crazy bad even with lots of light in the room. What do i do? Where id i go wrong? I used a tripod before and it still looked grainy and bad.

I have provided a video clip of what im talking about.
Also it seems the blacks in my video are veryyyy dark.
Im talking black black. I turned of all the contrast to fix that but it did nothing. So i really must have done something wrong or i have a messed up camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHtBkyiNVQ&feature=youtu.be
Thanks btw. Thanks alot. ohhhh btw i do have Magic lantern installed but these problems im having are still there even after installing ML so its not that.

IM looking at t5i rebel short films and some of them are inside with WORSE lighting than me and they still have better video and the whole video looks washed out like a film ya know? the shadows look less contrastyyy and soft and even. if i go in my living room and look all my shadows are soft and stuff but like on camera they turn into dark dark darkkkkkk....my iso is the lowest i can go but i just tried out a lower iso even though it made my image dark it still had CRAZYYYYY noise..... idk whats up

Return to posts index

Austin shelton
Re: High noise and bad quality on my Canon 700D.
on Jan 26, 2015 at 2:57:40 pm

bumb

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 29, 2015 at 12:36:38 pm

That looks fine for DSLR footage. I don't know what you're expecting.

Return to posts index

Austin shelton
on Jan 29, 2015 at 6:35:05 pm

You sure? The thing that is missing is that nice umm over all softness of contrast I don't know how to explain but everything seems harsh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]