FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting worried about lenses

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gordon Clarke
Getting worried about lenses
on Jan 15, 2015 at 8:30:53 pm

Hi, I have some nice L series Canon lenses, 16-35 and 70-200 for example which usually sit on a 5Diii. A few days ago I bought a tiny 100D with a bundled 18-55 IS STM simply to have a back-up body when travelling.

My problem is this, when I put my top notch L series glass on the 100D, and especially the 24-105, but even the others too, the tiny plastic 18-55 is sharper (considerably), has better colour balance, less chromatic aberration than the L glass. In tests on a bright slightly snowy landscape, or on a dimly lit still-life this camera and lens not only out perform the L glass on the 100D, but also when I put it back on the 5Diii and lined up identical shots.

Should I immediately send all my lenses off and have them cleaned, adjusted and whatevered, should I just sell the lot! (apart from the fact that the 100D does not feel like a camera and I really hate the touchscreen). I get the feeling that the only reason now to have a 5Diii is for the 35mm depth of field.

How can I carry on working knowing that this tiny wimp is better than the 12Kg of kit I have been humping around the world for the last three years? Any thoughts??

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Getting worried about lenses
on Jan 18, 2015 at 12:56:56 am

got samples with metadata?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]