FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D and Audio

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rumppe
Canon 7D and Audio
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:59:13 pm

I admit, I'm very new at this "shoot video with a still camera" thing, and I have been reading this forum for answers, but I haven't found the answer to this one.

I know that everyone is using a separate recorder to capture quality audio when using this camera. For my purposes of testing... I have been recording straight to the camera via the camera mic and a shot gun. I use a clapboard for reference.

But when I import the footage using MPEG Steamclip.....or just dragging the files to my hard drive......The audio is "way" out of sync with the picture....as much as 1 or two seconds......

Is this normal? Do you have to slide the audio in FCP to match the video on every shot? If this is normal, I guess I haven't been paying attention close enough. If not maybe someone has a couple of suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you all
Rich

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
Re: Canon 7D and Audio
on Mar 30, 2011 at 2:40:37 pm

No it's not normal. Check the settings on your transcode software, or FCP. Are the files out of sync in the raw file? Can u play the raw mov files ok?

Alf

Return to posts index

Rich Rumppe
on Mar 31, 2011 at 10:10:23 pm

Thanks for your response, but as is usually the case... I re-started every thing and imported the files again with stream clip and every thing is fine.... So I guess it was gremlins...

Thanks again.

Rich

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Apr 4, 2011 at 7:49:04 pm

You don't need to use streamclip. Canon has a Log and Transfer plugin for Final Cut. Now just copy the entire folder onto your hard drive, then set up your Final Cut project and select File, Log and Transfer. then select your folder and you'll see your clips that you can import.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite