FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking advice! Which Camera is good to start out with?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Brecht
Seeking advice! Which Camera is good to start out with?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 8:54:06 pm

Hello all,

I have a college background in tv, film, and broadcasting. However, I have been out of the game for almost a decade now... I know... Its sad! Im a rookie all over again! lol Although I am and always have been a huge technology junky, Im looking to get back into the video & editing world! Looking for a hobby and or side projects! Whether they are for fun and or taking on side projects for extra cash. So therefore, I come here looking for some assistance and guidance! This may be stupid to ask here... However, I would like to get some thoughts and opinions on which camera I should start off with. Im looking to spend around $1000 for the camera. I am looking to film anything and everything. Not necessarily looking to film cinema but more of Live events. Ive been told that the Canon EOS SLR world is a great start! With all of that said... I also need to know what a good lens would be to get along with my new camera?? THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Seeking advice! Which Camera is good to start out with?
on Sep 12, 2014 at 10:29:51 pm

A Canon DSLR isn't really good for live events. Also, $1000 will cover a camera, but no lens, tripod, audio gear, lighting, etc. DSLRs are quirky, they shoot for about 12 min (some shoot longer now, some don't). I'd recommend you get a low end consumer camcorder and start playing with it instead. They have HD, most use AVCHD which isn't perfect, but works good for general shooting. You can also rent pro cameras for good rates (HMC-150 is a good all-purpose camera you can rent pretty cheap). Check out places like NoFilmSchool.org, film flap, videomaker.com, etc. Save your money for a decent computer, editing software, etc.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Don Brecht
Re: Seeking advice! Which Camera is good to start out with?
on Sep 25, 2014 at 1:28:23 pm

Thank you for your input! Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]