FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR vs normal camera

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignace Aleya
DSLR vs normal camera
on Sep 8, 2014 at 9:36:32 am

Hello, currently I have a job where my task is to make corporate video's. For this task I use my GH4 camera but I constantly get the note that I should zoom in on products then zoom out and get an estabilishing shot which is very amateuristic in my opinion.

I keep suggesting to use a dolly but they keep requesting me to look for a different camera that can digitally zoom (my GH4 can zoom in but the focus dissapears so there is no use in changing the zoom while filming) so my question is, what are you thoughts?

And if you also recommend for me to use a different camera, which one would I choose?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: DSLR vs normal camera
on Sep 15, 2014 at 1:26:52 am

[Ignace Aleya] "I keep suggesting to use a dolly but they keep requesting me to look for a different camera that can digitally zoom (my GH4 can zoom in but the focus dissapears so there is no use in changing the zoom while filming) so my question is, what are you thoughts? "

A dolly would be good, but you'll still need to pull focus on your DSLR while moving. Your GH4's Micro 4/3 sensor means that you'll need to maintain sharp focus throughout your move, and that could mean additional onset monitoring so you (or the focus puller) can nail critical focus.

[Ignace Aleya] "And if you also recommend for me to use a different camera, which one would I choose?"

This completely depends on your budget. You can spend $400-$40,000. We'd need more info to offer any type of camera suggestions.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]