FORUMS: list search recent posts

User defined picture style won't apply in video mode

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gábor Koszper
User defined picture style won't apply in video mode
on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:41:24 pm

Hey there!

This is my first post here, so I hope I'm doing it right.

My problem in short: My Canon EOS 550D isn't applying my customized picture styles in video mode.

Right now I don't have the access to quality color correction in post production (I own a Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate HD and the limited free version of Hitfilm 2 Express), so I'm trying to use this method:

1. I shoot a still RAW photohraph of the scene I want to shoot.
2. I use Picture Style Editor to create a picture style file using the RAW image, which I save with .pf2 extension.
3. In M mode I register the user defined picture style I just saved.
4. I switch to video mode and in the menu I choose the proper "user defined picture style" slot and switch to the picture style I just registered.
5. I go into live view and switch to the proper user defined picture style. I check and see that the name of my picture style appears in the bottom right corner of the live view.
6. I shoot the video using it.

Now, the video won't have the picture style I made. It will have the saturation, contrast, etc. that came with it, but the colors don't change at all. I checked if I messed up when creating the picture style, so I shot still photographs in M mode, but they were correctly applied to the still images.

Now anywhere I go on the Internet, it is said that this should work. I also think that it is quite obvious that if the special name of my picture style appears that I came up with when saving my file, that should mean that my picture style is applied.

So, what am I doing wrong? Should I check some settings? I'm afraid that this is some kind of esoteric error with some setting that I forgot about.

I just want to fix the colors a bit without buying yet another expensive software. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gábor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]