FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Rebel T3i and Glidecam XR-2000

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordyn Gum
Canon Rebel T3i and Glidecam XR-2000
on May 29, 2014 at 2:08:18 pm

Hello, my fellow DSLR videographers!

I have recently purchased a Glidecam XR-2000 and have spent 5+ hours attempting to balance the rig. It's about 98% there but not perfect. I've searched the internet for any tips/tricks, but it has been difficult to find any solutions for the T3i + XR-2000. I have it mounted with the kit lens (18-55mm).

Also, the only way I seem to have it remotely balanced is by having the legs perpendicular to the camera. From online videos/images, it seems the "proper" way is to have the legs parallel with the camera/lens. However, with the battery pack weighing down the camera's right side, I have not had any luck with trying to balance it with the legs parallel to the camera.

Right now, I have the telescoping pole almost all the way contracted to the base, with one large washer, one small washer, and three of the tiny silver washers. On the right leg, I just have one small washer. I have my lens at 18mm with the LCD screen behind the camera (not swung out).

Does anyone here have any experience with the Glidecam XR-2000 and have any tips/tricks?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]