FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon T5i - T6i

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Canon T5i - T6i
on May 20, 2014 at 3:06:09 am

I purchased the T2i in March of 2010. Canon released the next version (T3i) a year later, T4i the next year and then the T5i the next year. Based on the past the T6i should have come out or should be right around the corner. Does anyone know when it will come out?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Canon T5i - T6i
on May 20, 2014 at 2:25:10 pm

You can read the rumor sites, but that's about it. Canon is fairly tight lipped when it comes to release timelines.

http://www.canonrumors.com

Given the history of the TXi line, I would assume you'll see a T6i announcement this year. Product availability later this year or early next year. I would also expect it to have very modest spec increases over the T5i.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

However, I expect a 7D replacement as the primary announcement for Canon this year. Since the TXi line doesn't get as much fanfare, I could imagine them announcing the 7D Mark II and a T6i at the same event.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 20, 2014 at 2:29:31 pm

Thanks Ryan.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Michael Murphy
on May 22, 2014 at 2:55:14 am

The rumor is that the 7DII was delayed from 2Q to 3Q due to the lingering effects of the floods on sensor availability. I think Canon has also diverted resources to upgrading the much higher margin Cinema EOS camera sensors.

If so, Canon may also delay the 6Ti. I am hoping that it will include Dual Pixel Auto Focus, like the 70D.

If it does that would make it a fairly large upgrade for video shooters, so definitely worth waiting for. People seem very happy with DPAF on the 70D and C100.

People are also expecting a new, higher DR sensor on the 7DII. If the 6Ti shared a variation of that sensor & DPAF, Canon would not want to steal the thunder/sales from the 7DII by rel;easing the 6Ti first.

Given that the lenses were just announced - including one with STM - I would assume that the 6Ti announcement was also scheduled at that time & pushed back.

Most are expecting the 7DIII to be announced in August for Photokina.

I bought my T4i around the first week of June 2 years ago. I got it the first week that the camera shipped, only 2-3 weeks after it was announced.

As a former pro, that was the first Rebel body that had auto focus and other features - like the touch screen and STM video auto focus - usable to me. It is a great camera in many ways. The 70D is also supposed to be an excellent camera.

All speculation of course ...

Cheers!

Best,
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]