FORUMS: list search recent posts

Constant hiss on Canon T3i

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Dorsey
Constant hiss on Canon T3i
on Mar 17, 2011 at 8:41:36 pm

I just got the canon t3i in the mail today, my first DSLR, and I'm trying to record audio. Using both an external stereo mic and the internal mic, there is a constant loud hiss. There is even a hiss when I plug in the external mic and don't turn it on. I don't think it's the AGC, because the hiss is still there when I change the settings to manual.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jeff Hight
Re: Constant hiss on Canon T3i
on Mar 21, 2011 at 7:29:19 pm

I'm getting the same hiss in my tests today of my T3i. I've tried two different mics and have set the audio to manual on the camera.

If anyone has a configuration that works I'd love to know all the details, even down to the type of audio cable and connectors.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eddie Gonzalez
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:13:40 am

I was thinking of buying a T3i. I think i'll wait until
the hiss is solved

Return to posts index

Chad Gottfried
on Nov 25, 2011 at 2:51:12 am

Yes, I have the T3i and I have the same problem. At first, I thought it was the Beachtek I was using since it didn't seem to matter what mic I had plugged into it. With there was no external mic, the hiss was not really there. I discovered that if I left the cable plugged into the camera, but disconnected the other end from the adapter, the hiss was still there.

The problem is with the camera external mic input. The hiss was noticable in manual at a camera input setting level of 6.25% max.

The only solution is to use an external recorder and forget the external inputs on the camera.

Very disappointed with Canon!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]