FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video on a Rebel t2i

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shapiro
Video on a Rebel t2i
on Apr 25, 2014 at 8:21:06 pm

Hi,

I remember hearing something somewhere about shutter speed and f-stop affecting how your video looks. The first by light and the second by how much is in focus. I can understand the second working, but don't know about the first... are they true? If so, how do I set it for video? Do I just go to manual, put in the settings and then switch over to video?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Shapiro
Re: Video on a Rebel t2i
on Apr 26, 2014 at 2:11:10 am

I know it's a rather dumb question and that I'm probably way off, but is this somehow correct? I can't figure out how to make my depth of view for video any better... :/

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Apr 26, 2014 at 3:50:55 pm
Last Edited By Al Bergstein on Apr 26, 2014 at 3:55:22 pm

I don't understand what you mean by "Depth of View". Depth of field? or something else?

As to shutter speed, there are numerous, in-depth tutorials and explanations found on the web. Just google "video shutter speed' or some such thing.

As to setting your shutter speed on your T2i, it's in the menus when video is active. Please read your manual, or if you don't have one, download one from Canon's web site. Again, that can easily be found by googling Canon T2i manual. I usually carry a manual for my cameras on my cell phone, computer and iPad so I know it's always with me in a pinch.

Al

Return to posts index

David Shapiro
on Apr 28, 2014 at 1:55:20 am

I figured it out. I had to change my setting from automatic to manual before I could change them during video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]