FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timelapse with magic lantern on the 5D mkii

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Shead-Simmonds
Timelapse with magic lantern on the 5D mkii
on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:23:24 pm

Hi,

I'm more or less a beginner when it comes to timelapses, although I've been reasonably happy with most of my results so far. I am just curious about a small problem I had with a short, spur-of-the-moment time-lapse I did recently. I was using the Magic Lantern intervalometer on the 5D mkii. It was set to take a picture every seven seconds in AV mode. I can't remember exactly what F stop I was using, but I am quite sure the shutter wasn't open for much more than a second on each photo throughout the time-lapse. The problem I have is that there are a few frames where it appears as though my camera has taken two pictures virtually simultaneously, resulting in a bit of jitter. I've removed these duplicate frames in post, but then there is too large a gap between the two frames either side of the offending frame. Below is a link to the assembled time-lapse without any editing.

It's also worth mentioning that I was shooting in both CR2 and full res jpegs, as I hadn't worked with canon raw before and wanted the jpegs as a back-up. Could the time the camera took to process both of these have resulted in the jitter? Next time I will shoot only in raw or jpegs, but I would be grateful if anyone knows why this happened. I don't want to encounter the problem again when I do a proper time-lapse.

Many thanks,
Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]