FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon T3I Footage

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Asselin
Canon T3I Footage
on Feb 10, 2014 at 8:20:28 am

Just thought I'd send a link to some T3i footage I just shot. Run and gun last minute and i wish the audio was as good but for an inexpensive DSLR pretty good video in my opinion

http://www.effectivebusinessvideo.com/17.html

What brought me to post this was a meeting I had with a young videographer who was very proud of his work with a Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Unfortunately his lack of a tripod, or lights or anything resembling close mics makes my footage look like it was shot on an Alexa. Every now and then we all need to be reminded that the equipment you use is less important than the care you take.

Return to posts index

James Basire
Re: Canon T3I Footage
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:35:02 pm

What lenses did you use Dan? I couldn't view the video full screen but the footage looked sharp! Also what ISO, I've heard the T3i breaks up at 1600.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
Re: Canon T3I Footage
on Feb 22, 2014 at 10:00:11 pm

Hi James;

Thanks for the comments. The lens was the 18-55 Kit lens. Now you weren't able to view it in large screen because I shoot this group specifically for the web at 640 x 480. Using this size I can easily blend in any 720p footage which others may shoot (by cropping to 640x360) or upsize to 720 x 480 if I get a request for an SD DVD. I was forced to use auto-iso because of the run-and-gun nature of the shoot but it works out well. By the way I also do a lot of soccer with my T3i and love watching parents who have just bought DSLR's struggle with all of the limitations their new "dual-use cameras" present as opposed to their previous little camcorder. I have actually picked up some clients for training sessions from this.
Another of the joys of the business. Regards; Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]