FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to get a certain look

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Burgess
Trying to get a certain look
on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:34:26 pm
Last Edited By Jay Burgess on Feb 8, 2014 at 4:35:57 pm

It was a toss up whether to put this here or in the fcp forum as some of this may be better achieved in post.

I'm going to be shooting a cooking video and want a particular look. I like the look of the Pioneer Woman cooking show on Food Network. It has what I call a natural look to it. I know there's some color grading involved. Any other ideas of how to achieve this look?

Return to posts index

Aaron Jones
Re: Trying to get a certain look
on Feb 9, 2014 at 3:50:02 pm

I've never seen the show, but looking at some pics online, these are my first thoughts:

Get yourself a few large softboxes and use 5600K lamps. Place the majority of them on one side of your set, and one or two (depending on your size/location) on the other side to fill in some of the shadows.

If you wanted to get really fancy, you could place a 5600K spot behind a "window" off screen, so it would throw the window frame shadow on the wall. Make sure it's dimmable, though, so you can control how bright the "sun" is. If you go overboard, it'll look fake!

Good luck!

I'm a unique blend of overachiever and procrastinator. I'll do it all - later.

Return to posts index

Aaron Jones
on Feb 9, 2014 at 3:57:41 pm

Just did a little more digging, and ran across this BTS video. Right after the introduction, they show a shot of the crew setting up in front of a GIGANTIC wall of windows. If you've got that much natural light, good on you! If not, my previous post is the way to go!

I'm a unique blend of overachiever and procrastinator. I'll do it all - later.

Return to posts index

Jay Burgess
on Feb 10, 2014 at 2:20:47 pm

Cool. Thanks for the BTS video and the replies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]