FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting in a Basketball Arena...Need Advice on Sound

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Shooting in a Basketball Arena...Need Advice on Sound
on Jan 18, 2014 at 10:14:33 pm

A friend's daughter is singing the National Anthem at a college basketball game in a couple of weeks and asked me to shoot her performance.

Not quite sure the best way to capture sound...I am shooting with a 5D Mk III with a Beachtech box. I have a Sennheiser Lav set, a Rode Video Pro or an Audio Technica directional mic.

Any advice on my best option to capture the sound with the different options I have?

Thanks.

MP

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Shooting in a Basketball Arena...Need Advice on Sound
on Jan 19, 2014 at 5:55:35 pm

Can you get a feed from their in-house system? Or have them provide you with a copy of the recording that you can just sync up with your footage?

any on-camera solution is going to leave a lot to be desired quality wise. You could always mic her with lav and use that...though the dynamic range of a lav isn't typically very strong. If you can't get a feed from their in-house board (or a copy of their recording of it) I would probably lean towards the lav on 1 channel and some sort of on-board mic (Rode or AT) for a bit more ambience and backup recording to track 2....mix in post as needed.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]