FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will installing Magic Lantern get rid of Cinestyle?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Dana
Will installing Magic Lantern get rid of Cinestyle?
on Jan 17, 2014 at 2:42:51 am

First off, let me instroduce my self. My name is Kim, I've been reading from creativecow since i was a teen, just never signed up for it. Currently a film student with ambitions.
Anyway, earlier today i installed magic lantern because i bought a rode videomic and i needed to get rid of the grainy sound that comes with canons. prior to installing magic lantern, i've had cinestyle in my camera for almost 2 years now. Now when i installed magic lantern i kind of freaked out at the changes and uninstalled it, becuase i wasn't accustomed and heard that it could harm my camera. When my camera was back to normal, i freaked out because i no longer had cinestyle as my picture setting. but then i realized i had to re-apply it in my menu because before installing magic lantern you have to reset your camera. I had to reset my camera in order to install magic lantern in the first place, and the site said that all the picture style settings would be deleted, and i thought this would be cinestyle. turns out, i found cinestyle, i just had to set it up as my user default setting for a picture style. Now i want to re-intalled magic lantern but i'm afraid of 2 things: 1. that it will hurt my camera 2. i won't find cinestyle again

and i can't re-install cinestyle, the eos utilty won't work since im working on mac os x 10.7.5

So is it safe for me to re-install Magic Lantern (the latest version) and will cinestyle still be in my camera?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]