FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon kit for beginner

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Davis
Canon kit for beginner
on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:03:47 pm

Hello,

I'm a semi professional photographer (more so cameraman) but could use some advice for my brother who is buying his first DSLR kit. I've advised him to go for the Canon 60D as I think its most suitable for him. He doesn't have experience with DSLR's but is very tech savy and I know will pick them up in no time which is why I put him off the more beginner Canons (700D and so on)

I imagine he will mainly use the camera for taking pictures of his family and on holiday. I've recommended the 50mm 1.4 for any portrait shots but he will still need an everyday zoom which I need some help on as he's on a bit of budget. I told him not to go for the kit lens so can anyone help out with an everyday zoom lens (preferably with IS for the video) in the rough price range of £300 to £400 (more of less)

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Canon kit for beginner
on Oct 31, 2013 at 3:08:37 am

The 600D doesn't have intermediate ISOs, Kelvin or quite as fast of a High-Speed Continuous shooting mode as the 60D, but otherwise is pretty similar (and you can close the gap on some of the features with Magic Lantern).

The 70D is a good upgrade over the 60D, so I don't know what kind of prices you are seeing in your area, but if it's not much more, I would consider that as well.

Return to posts index

Pablo Aura
on Nov 2, 2013 at 5:12:42 pm

Hi Ashley!,
60d is a very solid choice for an entry level, for some people looking for an all purpose amateur camera can work wonders, but on the other hand could be a bit bulky and heavy for some. Quality of pictures is, as you know, very good.
I wouldn't be against the 18-135 as a starter lens within a tight budget. It has a very good range and stabilizer, It has some little problems but in general is an ok lens for a beginner.

Visit my website at
http://www.pabloaura.net

Return to posts index

Bill Willins
on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:52:45 am

Hi Ashley. I've got a lightly used 60D that is in mint condition, with original boxing etc. If you are interested let me know at bwbeta@mac.com and I can send you more detailed info. We can figure out a fair price. We've got 3 DSLR's here and don't need he 60 D. Cheers BW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]