FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live output from Canon DSLR's Via HDMI

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Rutledge
Live output from Canon DSLR's Via HDMI
on Aug 26, 2013 at 7:29:58 pm

I know this might sound nubee, but i am wanting to take a live view out of any one of the Canon DSLR's via the HDMI output, and run it into the BlackMagic Designs ATEM Production Switcher.. Can this work???

A " normal broadcast" camera will work, but i didn't know if the DSLRs did as well

Thanks

Steve

Return to posts index

Jay Porter
Re: Live output from Canon DSLR's Via HDMI
on Aug 26, 2013 at 8:19:08 pm

You can with the 5D Mk3. Not sure about the others.

Return to posts index

Jay Porter
on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:21:38 pm

You will need to run audio separately though.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:37:51 pm

Depends on which DSLR you have. The HDMI feed on most of the Canon DSLRs is an SD feed during recording (HD on playback for some reason). I don't recommend it unless you are using the 5D MkIII or if you don't mind the low-quality feed, any one will work.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Kevin Duffey
on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:59:21 am

Yes.. you can. The Canon t2i, 3ti, 4ti, and 5ti put out a 1080i60 signal, as I recently learned on my t3i. What you do is go into video mode, and do NOT record. The HDMI out live mode is 1080i/60. Using Magic Lantern you can clean up the output and get a 1620x1080 output (it's actually 1920/1080 but there are black bars on the right and left).

Not sure about 7D, 60D, 6D, etc..but I am guessing they also put out a 1080i/60 live mode signal. If you go into anything other than video mode, you'll need to press the button that in camera mode starts recording. It would switch other modes into LCD mode (instead of view finder) and should also put out the 1080i/60.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]