FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Mark iii Audio over HDMI

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Young
5D Mark iii Audio over HDMI
on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:41:19 am

As nice as it is to have clean video over HDMI, I am surprised there does not seem to be any concern for the lack of audio. I record external audio quiet frequently, but sometimes I just need a few quick shoots recorded to my Ninja 2 and it would be nice to plug in the HDMI cable and get both picture and audio over one cable. I have read a lot of posts about the lastest firmware update, and most just dance right over the fact that there is no audio over HDMI. Is this planned for the future? Canon could really make life easier for those of us recording to an external recorded.

"Up Close and Remote"

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: 5D Mark iii Audio over HDMI
on Aug 25, 2013 at 5:40:18 pm

If you are shooting clean out over HDMI, chances are you are also shooting double system. Have you tried the audio line out to the Ninja while shooting video out the HDMI.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Kevin Young
on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:22:11 pm

That is what I do, but it would just be cleaner to plug my Juicelink into the audio in of the camera and HDMI into the Ninja. We know it is possible, because there are other cameras that have both audio and video over HDMI, but for whatever reason Canon choice not to include audio on this firmware update. But what is more perplexing is the fact that everyone seems to be ok with it. Hum!!! I'm not one to complain about little things, but I am beginning to feel like I am the only one who is disappointed with this upgrade. Ok enough!!!!

"Up Close and Remote"
Canon 5D Mark III
Atomos Ninja 2
Juicelink RM-333

Return to posts index

Jay Porter
on Aug 26, 2013 at 8:22:56 pm

Why not just plug the audio into the Ninja to start with? It seems that would be the cleanest best option. I use a Beachtech to bring the audio in/mix and then into the recorder.

Return to posts index

Kevin Young
on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:02:19 am

I just believe things should work the way they were intended, HDMI was designed to carry both audio and video!!!!!

"Up Close and Remote"
Canon 5D Mark III
Atomos Ninja 2
Juicelink RM-333

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]