FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on LED lighting and Canon Ti4

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Question on LED lighting and Canon Ti4
on Aug 5, 2013 at 11:37:04 pm

I have borrowed the Canon Ti4. In reading the manual [I'm a reader] page 176, it says..." if you shoot a movie under fluorescent or LED lighting, the movie may flicker."

My question - has any one shot using LED and had a flickering problem? Or is this just a warning that it could happen, but probably won't. Just so happens we are suppose to shoot using LEDs 2-600 and a 500 watt. I really don't want to be the messenger!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, advice and/or information.
Suzin

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Question on LED lighting and Canon Ti4
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:56:36 pm

The flicker they refer to is a strange sort of wavy pattern that appears with tube fluorescents. I've also seen it with neon lights and combinations of neon and tube fluorescents.

I don't see it with my 45W and 85W compact fluorescents, though and I use them a lot. You can try to work around it with a 1/50 or even 1/40 shutter (maybe a faster shutter?), but it has to do with the sensor and lighting I think - like an interference pattern or wave.

Look for it in medium contrast areas and in strong shadow - I'll hunt for it and then see it while its slowly creeping over a face or a wall.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
Re: Question on LED lighting and Canon Ti4
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:13:07 pm

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful.

Best
Suzin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]