FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D MARK III and Marshall Monitor Mirroring Issue

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mozafarian
5D MARK III and Marshall Monitor Mirroring Issue
on May 21, 2013 at 9:16:07 pm

Hello,

I am using the 5D MK III with the Marshall V-LCD50-HDI external monitor.

I am having a problem with the image showing up full screen. When turning "mirroring" on in the 5D menu settings via the new firmware update, then the image is full screen on the monitor however none of the image info is there i.e. exposure, shutter etc...

If I turn mirroring off then the info is there but the image is not full screen and no larger than the actual LCD on the Camera.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: 5D MARK III and Marshall Monitor Mirroring Issue
on May 22, 2013 at 5:39:39 am

This is supposed to be this way so you can record a clean signal out the HDMI to an external recorder. If the info were on the screen, it would be recorded. All the info about shutter, f-stop ISO etc is still visible on the built in monitor on the back of the camera.

If the Marshall has DSLR zoom it will blow up the image when not in Mirror mode. Not all monitors have this. I just tested SWIT's new monitor, (look for the review soon), It supports DSLR zoom for Canon.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

REEL: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
Re: 5D MARK III and Marshall Monitor Mirroring Issue
on May 22, 2013 at 5:35:28 pm

Ahhh I see. Yes it must not have DSLR Zoom for canon. That's a shame. It does have some nice features like focus assist and peaking. but I guess I can just use mirror mode and check the exposure etc... on the LCD screen.

Thank you for the response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]