FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using CANON 5D MARK 111 as a media player via HDMI of H264 video

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Shepherd
Using CANON 5D MARK 111 as a media player via HDMI of H264 video
on May 16, 2013 at 3:05:06 am

I want to use my Canon 5D Mark111 as a "playback" deck to view 1920x 1080 HD clips that I have edited in FCP 7 using the HDMI cable going into to HD Projector. It works great with the ORIGINAL recoded H264 MOV clip on the SD card, but when I "layback" edited clips back to the SD card and try to play in back through the Canon, it say "no images" on the card. What am I doing wrong? Is H264 for the original camera, different from the H264 from the edited clip. My workflow is taking the original H264, making it into PRORES LT for editing in FCP7, then exporting the clip back to H264 and dumping it on the SD card for the Canon (.mov). Thanks for any help. Please don't say that the Camera isn't designed to play back full HD clips through the HDMI because it does and it works, and I'm going to wear out the camera if I use it as a "playback" deck... Thanks for any help..

Return to posts index

Tim Hollingworth
Re: Using CANON 5D MARK 111 as a media player via HDMI of H264 video
on May 17, 2013 at 6:31:10 am

Hi Mark
Sorry I can't help you, but that's a really good question. One that I too would like to know the answer as I find it would be really useful in my video business.
Looking forward to someone supplying us with the answer.
Cheers
Tim

Freelance 5D3 Cameraman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]