FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nex-vg900 vs 5d Mark III

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mahinthan So
Nex-vg900 vs 5d Mark III
on Mar 12, 2013 at 6:50:32 am

I don't need photography and i don't have any previous accessory/lens. What is the best option to get in the pool

Purpose: Wedding / Events / Drama

Work Flow: CS6 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Nex-vg900 vs 5d Mark III
on Mar 12, 2013 at 9:33:49 am

Neither. You might be better served with something like the EA50, FS100, FS700 or the C100.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Return to posts index

Mahinthan So
on Mar 12, 2013 at 9:46:51 am

I know the disadvantage of 5D mk iii coz i'm a photographer. Can you tell please tell me more the issue with Nex-vg900 please?

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:56:36 pm

This might help a bit: http://wolfcrow.com/blog/your-first-video-camera/

You could compare what I've highlighted with the specifications of the VG900, and then judge for yourself whether you can make it work.

In highly generalized terms, if the 5D is a DSLR, then the VG900 is a camcorder. Neither are cameras suited to the kind of work you have mentioned. But, if you are desperate, you can always make them work. Many do.

If push comes to shove, I'd choose the 5D because I know it already, and it's tougher with a better lens mount.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]