FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting with low light Config Canon 600d

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gonçalo Salgado
Shooting with low light Config Canon 600d
on Mar 3, 2013 at 4:06:06 pm

Hi all ;) so im going to shoot a movie on a abandonated factury, and i dont have a light equipment! So what is the best configs for canon 600d for shooting on low light and to reduce grain.

Thanks ;)

Return to posts index

Andrew Downie
Re: Shooting with low light Config Canon 600d
on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:50:10 am

The best you can do with the camera alone is balance the shutter, iso and aperture to create the best image with available light. A wider aperture will let more light in but create a very shallow depth of field. I slower shutter will give motion blur and a higher ISO will create noise.

I personally would set ISO to 400 or 800, shutter to 1/25 or 1/50 and use a prime lens at f1.4.

I could be useful to purchase basic lighting to help... even the kind of lamps you buy for construction sites will help and are very cheap compared to production lighting.

Old factories and warehouses I have shot in usually have strip lighting, I have used these to create little pools of light and filmed the subjects under them. If these are available, use them... but shuttter will have to be as slower than 1/30 to avoid light banding from the tubes

Hope this helps
Andrew Downie

Return to posts index

Gonçalo Salgado
Re: Shooting with low light Config Canon 600d
on Mar 4, 2013 at 7:05:15 pm

Thanks alot man :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]