FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon t2i grain

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris artis
Canon t2i grain
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:41:12 am

Hi guys, im using a canon t2i with the 50mm 1.8 lens and for some reason all my footage come out grainy, even at 400 and below iso its still noticeable, can someone please help

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
Re: Canon t2i grain
on Feb 28, 2013 at 1:25:14 pm

what do you mean grainy? Do you mean noisy? In the blacks? Everywhere? Is your lens and L series?

It's most likely not the camera if you have a cheap lens. The image won't be very sharp. If it's noisy in the blacks, then part of that is due to using a camera that costs $600. And of course this is a subjective evaluation of how much noise you see.

-Trevor Ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

chris artis
on Feb 28, 2013 at 1:34:09 pm

Yes i understand that the camera is low in cost but i watched alot of videos on youtube that were shot with the same camera and lens and they came out great!, On the camera screen the video look flawless but on pc i see noise. Thanks for the reply!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:14:22 pm

Chris, you should do some testing with your camera. Shoot in bright light, dim light, multiple ISOs and f-stops to learn where your camera is 'grainy' and where it isn't. Post those examples when you do, and we can give you feedback. Shooting in low light, with little contrast, and underexposed, is a good way to get a 'grainy' look. I had a T2i for about a year, and there was very little problem with 'grainyness'. There were other issues, like overheating, I encountered, but properly exposed footage and an understanding of how your camera works in different ISOs is a key to becoming a better cameraman.

Good luck.

Al

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Feb 28, 2013 at 6:20:43 pm

Do you have other lenses that you can try? If it looks the same on different types of lenses then you can rule that out.

I have a 60D. As long as I stay below 1600 ISO, it looks great. I use all L-Series lenses. It's all about the glass!

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

chris artis
on Mar 1, 2013 at 5:20:48 am

Thanks for all the replies guy!!! Im going to shoot some test shots and post them here

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]