FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaled Down Image when HDMI converted to SDI Externally Monitoring 5d Mark iii - Any Fix?

COW Forums : Canon EOS DSLR

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Turner
Scaled Down Image when HDMI converted to SDI Externally Monitoring 5d Mark iii - Any Fix?
on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:27:11 am

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for monitoring 5d Mark iii footage on an external SDI monitor like the Panasonic BT-LH1710W 17inch monitor.

I am using a 5d Mark iii, a Small HD AC7-SDI onboard monitor (which unfortunately doesn't convert the signal to SDI from HDMI), a Blackmagic HDMI to SDI battery converter (to convert the signal), and the Panasonic 17in monitor.

I called Blackmagic and they say it's the camera scaling the image. I was wondering if anyone knew a setting to stop this. Isn't the resolution still 1080p? I know until Canon's update coming up in April that it's not "clean" HDMI out, but I thought it was still 1080p HDMI out. Why is the image scaled like it is 720p? Why does it playback clips without scaling anything (it looks perfect when playing back)?

As of right now, it looks like I'm stuck unless I buy or rent a TV Logic monitor that converts and scales the HDMI image to output to other monitors or wait until maybe the Canon firmware update fixes this, or buy the new Small HD upgraded monitor when it comes out soon.

Anyone know a fix I just have overlooked? Is there something in camera? Is there a different converter than the Blackmagic? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

David Turner
Re: Scaled Down Image when HDMI converted to SDI Externally Monitoring 5d Mark iii - Any Fix?
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:45:49 pm

Hey! Just figured I'd revive my question. Does anyone know if there is an answer here? Is there a way to counteract the scaled 5d Mark iii external signal?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]